Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thin Mints & baby boomers

Thin Mints & baby boomers
Category: Food and Restaurants
What do you get when you throw into a mixer ugly hippie colors, patches, and signs? The answer is twofold: kids of the baby boomers and the damn girl scouts.

I have nothing against the organization itself, as I was once a girl scout. In fact, I sold enough cookies to go to camp, and it inevitably is the reason I will not eat spaghetti anymore.

My personal life aside, there are thousands of these snot-nosed little nature brats running around trying to sell me 5,000 calories in a box. I reckon it to the annoying little girls in Mexico whose parents send them out to sell chiclets, only the girl scouts parents' gain is not financial, but rather a weekend alone with their girls at camp.

Five times this week, these girls have tortured me with their thin mints and samoas, and on top of it all,they use the sweet innocent little girl routine to get what they want.

I'm happy to say that I've resisted all five solicitations this week. Likely, I'll be seeing their moms going into Jenny Craig post cookie season, while I muse the rise of childhood obesity and fit back into my pre-baby jeans. But damn, those freaking thin mints sound so good.....

No comments:

Post a Comment