Life has a certain way of being consistently inconsistent. It's the only thing we can count on. Not even death and taxes are certain. If we want death it won't find us, if we want life somehow it is taken at the wrong time. Taxes, well, they are certain to the extent they affect us somehow...usually in the form of an IRS audit. That, and for me, it is my job.
I think some days I just wonder if I can beat "life". Can I expect the worst and hope for the best? Baby Daddy has in one way or another been avoiding his son. All together. Some recent events upset me, and I cried. Not a big fan of it , but usually it gets the frustration out. I cry in private, as I think that it is a private emotion. Unless there's whiskey involved. I blame Jack for those nights.
To get to the point, my mom sees that I am upset, and says "we just can't catch a break". Or can we? What things in life have we come to expect, and are we jaded for thinking the worst? I'm in the middle where I find life to be a rollercoaster, enjoy the highs and survive the lows. I sincerely think I am about to adopt the cliche "cherish every moment" because you never know when someone can be gone. I have decided that prioritizing what is most important to you and living for it is the way to go. My priority is enjoy and live in every moment, simply because when that moment is gone you never get it back, and you never know if you'll have another one like it.
I realize these words are more like an avatar for emo pages, but I am realizing what matters to me and what doesn't. For example, if I fall short of an expectation on a work project, it is not as important as missing moments of my son's life. If I need a break from mommyhood, being 21 again is not the end of the world, so long as I stay responsible.
Im short (for me anyway), I am realizing life is life, and like a poker game, sometimes you get crap and sometimes you have aces. Keep your poker face on and just play the game.
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment