Thursday, May 14, 2009

I want to pity myself

It all looks the same to me anymore. Day to day. Week to week. Life is a routine of wake up, cram in as much as is possible (stressing about it all the while) until my body crashes and tells me it's time to sleep...:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

In a convenience generation where there are more options available to me than ever before I'm still running a rat race. I can renew my library materials online. I don't have to leave my house to rent a movie or buy music. I can buy my groceries online. Short of my son learning to change his own diaper, everything is available faster and easier for me.

Yet I am running around chaotic. Every day is a scramble. And I envy the man with the two dogs in his car driving under the speed limit because he has the time.

After some deep thought (ie- a Starbucks high on my drive home) I came to the following conclusion: I need simplicity.

I create mass chaos running errands and performing unnecessary tasks. Instead of taking a walk with my son and getting sunshine and vitamin D, I run to the gym & tanning salon & then the grocery store for vitamin supplements.

Since I started college eight years ago, I've been living to survive. Semester to semester. Busy season to busy season. Slowly, this woman who was on a mission stole my life.

I am sending a message to her loud and clear: I want it BACK.

To get it I will simplify. I'm cleaning out my closets; ridding myself of any habit that does not further a goal of mine. The clutter is going in the trash. I'm downgrading everything I possibly can at the moment and moving back to the beach.

I want to be in the slow lane with the man and his two dogs, pitying the speeding woman in the SUV.

No comments:

Post a Comment